This Using an Excel Checkbook lesson plan also includes:
High school is the time that many scholars get their first jobs. Help young entrepreneurs apply economic principles to crucial skills for their new jobs and for functioning in society in general. They use Excel to balance a checkbook by first watching a demonstration and then practicing independently.
- Relate why balancing an Excel checkbook proves relevant to everyday life to make the lesson more meaningful
- Differentiate for English learners by including graphics and other visual elements to explain in more depth
- Requires access to Microsoft Excel to open some links or a Google account for Google docs
- Contains a useful extension activity that includes essential skills, such as how to use an ATM and debit card
- Increases media literacy by implementing technology
- May not engage some pupils; material may feel a little dry at times