This Using Dice to Introduce Sampling Distributions lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Investigate the meaning of a sample proportion using this hands-on activity. Scholars collect data and realize that the larger the sample size the more closely the data resembles a normal distribution. They compare the sample proportion of each random sample collected.
- Use assessment questions as board work to check for understanding
- Utilize a graphic organizer such as a Frayer Model to record new vocabulary
- Requires two dice and a graphing calculator for each pupil
- Provides an activity sheet for pupils to follow through the experiment
- Includes summary questions to lead classes to desired conclusions