This Using Hooke's Law to Understand Materials activity & project also includes:
Provide a Hooke for a lesson on elasticity with an activity that has groups investigate a set of springs. They use a set procedure to collect data to calculate the spring constant for each spring using Hooke's Law. The groups predict the stiffness of different springs prior to testing them.
- Test a selection of bungee cords along with the springs
- The class should be familiar with creating scatter plots and fitting a function to the data
- Need to gather several materials such as springs, spring scales, and ring stands
- Third of a 10-part series
- The activity provides clear directions on what the pupils should do to collect the data allowing for consistent data collection
- The presentation and the worksheet come in two different file formats