What could have happened to a plane buried in snow? Have kids practice making inferences with a writing prompt for which they describe a photo without using specific key words.
89 Views 73 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Have kids complete the writing for homework or during a timed prompt (for more advanced writers)
- Distribute secret prompts and additional pictures to each kid in your class, and after they have written essays, have them work with partners to infer what the other has written about
- Include in a narrative writing unit or when focusing on inferences in literature
- Doesn't provide a lot of space to write; consider having kids brainstorm on the prompt sheet and write their essays on another page
- Includes an answer key that simply says "Student's Choice" in the writing space
- A creative and fun way to address critical reading and thinking