No one wants to be average, so mathematicians use the term mean instead of average. The video explains how to calculate the mean, how to calculate the percent error, and why this information is important. Finally, the video considers the concept of standard deviation in data analysis.
- Create additional problems figuring the mean and percent error
- Have scholars copy the graph at 4:10 and the meaning of each of the lines of standard deviation
- Video best fits when studying quantitative data
- Includes cross-curricular connections to science and math
- Provides guided practice problems