Scientists and engineers in every field use scientific notation. The Socratica video explains what scientific notation is and why people use it. Then, it offers examples of how to convert a number into and out of scientific notation. Next, it details how to calculate problems using scientific notation, and it ends with how to use scientific notation in a graphing calculator.
- Create practice problems for students to solve independently after watching the video
- Relies on prior knowledge of significant digits
- Background music may distract some pupils
- Provides closed captioning for the hearing impaired
- Includes many guided practice problems throughout the video