Watch as a function becomes transformed one step at a time. The instructor begins with a parent function and analyzes the transformations applied to it. She methodically applies each one with a new graph until reaching the complete transformation. The lesson follows a video discussing each transformation algebraically.
- Pause the video after each step in the process and ask pupils to complete the step; use the video to check their work
- Learners need an understanding of the six types of transformations and what they look like algebraically
- Requires access to the Internet to show the YouTube video
- The video goes through a logical progression of steps and is chunked well for greater understanding
- Represents each type of transformation in the example described