This Using Wikipedia: Crash Course Navigating Digital Information #5 video also includes:
Wikipedia may get a bad rap, but does it have any redeeming qualities? As it turns out, it does, and scholars discover what they are with part five from the Crash Course: Navigating Digital Information video series. Pupils learn about the policies Wikipedia enforces to ensure more accurate information, such as requiring pages to maintain a neutral point of view.
- Ask small groups to discuss the pros and cons of using Wikipedia
- Challenge individuals to use Wikipedia to research a chosen topic
- Have a projector and speakers available
- Humor helps viewers stay engaged
- Graphics provide helpful content reinforcement