Build on your scholars' basic understanding of valence electrons by showing them how to use valence electrons to predict formations of ionic bonds. The informative video includes an explanation of how lattice energy attributes to the formation of crystals.
- Flip your classroom by assigning the video as homework and using class time for practice and questions
- Develop a guided notes document for pupils to complete as they watch the video
- The length of the video may be cumbersome to learners; consider dividing it into specific sections and stretching it out over multiple class periods
- Uses notation to describe ionic bonds which facilitates understanding, making it easier for learners to grasp the concept
- Video is specific to the instructor's class so sometimes references experiences within his class