Many manufacturing processes require vanadium, though many people have not heard of it. The 23rd video in a series of 118 about chemical elements explores vanadium. It shares multiple samples in different formats including wire, powder, and liquid. It also demonstrates oxidation through color changes.
- If possible, repeat oxidation demonstration in class
- Discuss the difference between a mushroom and a toadstool
- Relies on prior knowledge of oxidation
- Provides closed captioning for the hearing impaired
- Shares metal most science labs don't have for experimentation, so students can see the demonstrations in action