Take a look at vectors as geometric objects and then as an algebraic concept. The second video in a series of 15 introduces the vector using three perspectives: the physics, computer science, and mathematical. The resource shows the connection between the geometric representation of a vector as an arrow and the algebraic representation as a matrix which can be used to understand vector addition and scalar multiplication.
- Provide the class with vectors and have them represent their sums using the end-to-end method
- Have individuals come up with uses of vector addition
- The class should be comfortable with the coordinate system
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- The presentation corrects its own mistake concerning the sum of vectors
- Uses multiple representations to convey the concept