This Vertebrates I lesson plan also includes:
I spy a spine. The 19th installment of a 23-part NOAA Enrichment in Marine sciences and Oceanography (NEMO) program explores vertebrate species, such as sharks and other fish. Learners take part in an activity evaluating the sustainability of seafood in restaurants.
- Before the lesson, have the class brainstorm different marine vertebrates
- Demonstration requires materials, such as fish candies, baking dishes, paper cups, etc.
- Be sure to check your district's wellness policy before allowing your class to eat candy
- Pupils examine seafood restaurants, bringing the concept to life for them
- Resource includes all materials for the activity, such as restaurant menus