This Viewmongous TV activity & project also includes:
Just how big of a TV do you need?! The task at hand asks individuals to compare the area of 80-inch and 55-inch TVs. The length of the TV is given and learners must use the Pythagorean Theorem to determine the width to calculate the areas.
3 Views 1 Download CCSS: Designed
- Discuss whether the TVs are similar
- Incorporate as a performance task when studying the Pythagorean Theorem
- Requires a strong understanding of how to find a missing side length using the Pythagorean Theorem
- Uses a topic of interest to most pupils as a means of motivation
- Adaptable to different grade levels