Pigs and humans have the same metabolism level and similar organs and systems, which is why they are often used in scientific laboratories. This worthy virtual dissection of a fetal pig divides into eight chapters: anatomical references, sexing your pig, digestive system, excretory system, circulatory system, reproductive system, respiratory system, and nervous system. Each chapter covers the topic in detail with multiple pages of information and photographs.
- Use this as homework to read over multiple days before performing a fetal pig dissection during class
- Quiz page requires Shockwave, a screen resolution of at least 640x480, and will not work on any Apple products
- Depending on your needs, these pictures and reading might meet the requirements for understanding dissection for those students who are opposed to it
- Includes high-quality photographs of every system as they are seen inside and after they are removed from the pig
- Offers quizzes on each of the eight chapters covered
- Appropriate level of depth for AP Biology or introductory college-level anatomy and physiology students