This Virtual Lab: ATP Reaction (Thermochemistry and Bonding) interactive also includes:
If you've ever felt a little drained ... try converting some ATP to ADP! Science scholars perform one of life's most important reactions using a simulated lab workbench. The fun-to-use interactive allows pupils to control the reactants in the experiment and examines the energy changes that occur during the hydrolysis of ATP.
- Use the pre-lab as a homework assignment so the class is prepared when they come in the next day
- Show a short video concerning ATP and Respiration to give the lab more context
- Review how and why ATP becomes ADP prior to conducting the lesson
- Demonstrate how the workbench functions before cutting pupils loose to begin work
- Simulation keeps track of pH, temperature, and concentration throughout each reaction
- The resource is easy to use and very realistic