This Virtual Lab: Standardization of NaOH with a KHP solution: Acid Base Titration interactive also includes:
This is not your standard standardization lab! Take titration into the high-tech age with a simulated workbench. Learners perform titrations to standardize a sodium hydroxide solution using a KHP solution of unknown concentration. Easy-to-use controls make keeping track of significant figures and volumes a snap.
- Grade the student-designed experiment separately from the assigned problems
- First time standardizing solutions? Show a video beforehand that illustrates the standardization of a sodium hydroxide solution
- The resource requires some experience with acids and bases, so it's best to use it halfway through the unit
- The lab is a creative way to introduce titrating with standardized solutions
- Teacher resources include a how-to video that explains how to operate the virtual lab