This Virtual Lab: Temperature and the Solubility of Salts interactive also includes:
Can your scholars solve the mystery of why salts dissolve? A virtual workbench allows them to experiment with temperature and solubility with no solution prep and no post-lab clean up! Users determine the solubility of a variety of common salts by varying the temperature of the solution and determining whether the processes are endothermic or exothermic.
- Open class by demonstrating the effects of temperature on dissolving sugar and table salt, then conduct the lab
- Extend the lesson by asking individuals to brainstorm a list of other solids that have temperature-dependent solubility
- Take some time to demonstrate how to move around between glassware, chemicals, and tools in the virtual lab
- Resource includes a presentation mode, making it easy to demonstrate key concepts or features of the lab
- The written assignment has pupils focus on creating hypotheses from their experimental results