This Virus Explorer interactive also includes:
Most pupils know about the flu, HIV, and other viruses, but they don't know what each actually looks like. This interactive shows their relative size, structure, and allows for comparisons. It stresses the similarities and differences through sorting based on five different features.
- Graph the rates of each virus over time, marking when a vaccine was introduced if applicable
- Map the spread of viruses
- Relies on prior knowledge of DNA, RNA, and vaccinations
- Easy to incorporate lessons on scale and units of measurement for a math connection
- Introduces new vocabulary