This Visualizing Gene-Expression Patterns interactive also includes:
How do genetics gurus know so much about gene expression? See traits materialize before your very eyes using a presentation with embedded simulations. Science scholars develop an understanding of the techniques used to follow the work of genes from the time they are activated through the development of an organism.
- Include the resource in an advanced genetics lesson to highlight current research topics and technology
- Pair pupils and have them research to discover other genes scientists use to study expression patterns
- Although the presentation is great as homework, consider showing it in class if your students are less familiar with genetics and enzyme activity
- The simulations are fascinating!
- Well-constructed explanations make the content accessible for learners at a variety of levels