This Visualizing pH lesson plan also includes:
Why are acids and bases important in our daily lives? Lead the class in answering this question, among others, as they experiment with pH paper and classify where various substances belong on the pH scale. They also taste common acids and bases, describing the results of their experiences.
- Test multiple acids and bases with the class to determine similarities and differences between each
- Make preparations of acid and base ahead of time; ensure no participants have allergies to the materials they will consume
- Ensure individuals properly clean up after performing the activities and dispose of all materials properly
- Activity consists of two parts, allowing each part to be conducted during one class or broken into two class periods
- Engages individuals with multiple activities and appeals to all learning styles