This Volcano Models lesson plan also includes:
More than 80 percent of the earth's surface originated from volcanoes. The 16th lesson in a 20-part series introduces the shape and development of volcanoes. It begins with a demonstration using a balloon and flour to illustrate the development of caldera. To finish, scholars use pudding and jello to show the movement of magma as it erupts onto the surface.
- Share photos of volcanic eruptions, especially those with secondary vents and cones
- Lesson may not last a full 90 minutes, but requires more than 60
- Be aware of any food allergies
- Highly memorable activity introduces concepts that typically can't be viewed
- Includes teacher notes throughout to assist with set up, crucial reminders, and quality analysis responses
- Lesson follows a 5E format