As an introduction to Sharon Creexh's Walk Two Moons, a volunteer dons a pair of boots and walks about the classroom.Observers then ponder the axiom, Don't judge a man until you've walked two moons in his moccasins. Their collaborative responses set the stage for an explanation the concept of frame story.
- Create a syllabus for your class to follow
- Provide graphic organizers for your ELL's and struggling readers
- A copy of the novel is required for all pupils
- ELL's may find the slang confusing
- The hook used to introduce frame story is engaging
- Beware the spelling and usage errors