A large beetle colony needs only one or two days to completely clean the bones of small animals. The video focuses on the dermestid beetles' flesh-eating abilities. Museums use these beetles to preserve specimens, leaving the most delicate bone structures intact.
- Call a museum near you to discuss if they use this technique
- Research the measures in place to keep the beetles away from other collections
- High-definition graphics may be too graphic for many people
- Provides subtitles for ease of note taking
- Demonstrates how nature benefits science