This resource also includes:
What are the basics for building a rocket out of a two-liter bottle? The procedures outline the basics to create an air- and water-powered bottle rocket. Prior to launching the rockets, teams perform safety checks to ensure their designs will be stable in flight.
- Use the Water Rocket Launcher to launch the rockets
- Have learners use the Launch Altitude Tracker determine the altitude of the rockets
- Ensure rockets are balanced, as unbalanced rockets will be unstable and not safe to launch
- Learners must complete several other tasks must be done first, such as building the launcher and altitude trackers
- The procedures provide just enough guidance but allow for creativity in design
- The extension activity takes the exercise out of the science and technology fields and into the art field