What is a physicist's favorite part of sports? Doing the wave. The presentation covers longitudinal, transverse, surface, and standing waves. It includes in-depth information on frequency, wavelength, period, amplitude, reflection, refraction, superposition, interference, diffraction, and resonance as well. Presentation is the 10th in a 17-part series.
- Use Slinkies, ropes, and other objects to let students explore waves hands-on
- Find videos and animations to support the presentation with more than just words
- Recommend prior knowledge of work requiring movement
- Comprehensive presentation does not require an outside text
- Highlights vocabulary throughout
- Some of the animation links no longer work