Explore the validity of a famous quote by Carl Sagan, "We are made of star stuff." An episode of the ACS Reactions playlist explains how deteriorating stars became the origin of all the elements in our world. Learners consider different theories that have evolved over time.
- After viewing the lesson, ask pupils to describe the events created when a star dies
- References elements of the periodic table
- Expects an understanding of subatomic particles in atoms
- Interviews an expert in the field for a professional point of view
- References additional videos related to the content