Why Lesson Planet?
Weather — there's more to it than meets the eye of the storm. With this resource young meteorologists learn about the basics of weather, including information about the factors that influence the weather, common weather vocabulary, and instruments used to measure the weather.
- Use as the opening discussion for the associated Dress for Success activity
- Have the class create a flip-book for the vocabulary learned in the lesson
- The resource has information that the teacher can develop into a presentation or class discussion
- The resource is first in a 12-part series
- The resource provides assessment questions
- Extensions ask pupils to compare and contrast weather patterns
- The plan does not provide much information on how to present or discuss the topic