How do currents affect weather and climate? This is the focus of a video that explains how ocean currents regulate the earth's climates, and how jet streams affect weather in certain regions.
1 Collection 19 Views 17 Downloads NGSS: Designed
- Discuss the difference between weather and climate prior to viewing
- The 18th in a series of 22 videos that discuss Earth's spheres and natural resources
- Concepts from the previous videos are reviewed at the beginning of the episode
- An investigation demonstrates how the Gulf Stream pulls warm water near the equator up to the cold waters near the British Isles, and back down again; this allows the British Isles to have milder winters
- Designed for Next Generation Science Standards