Why Lesson Planet?
According to the Farmers' Almanac, the weather will be nice today. Class members examine how weather forecasting plays a part in their lives with a resource that provides information on the history of forecasting, from using cloud patterns, the almanac, and folklore all the way to modern forecasting equipment. Pupils use a worksheet to find interesting facts about several forecasting tools.
- Divide the class into groups to work on the fact worksheet with one pupil researching each topic for facts to share
- Get a local meteorologist to come speak to the class
- The online Farmer's Almanac has several ads on its pages that may advertise items not suitable for a classroom
- Seventh in a 12-part series
- The worksheet comes in both PDF and doc formats, so it is easy to edit
- The plan includes an extension demonstration of the Doppler effect
- The plan does not provide an instructional method
- Cool Weather Forecasting Facts (PDF)
- Cool Weather Forecasting Facts - Answer Key (PDF)
- Cool Weather Forecasting Facts (DOC)
- Cool Weather Forecasting Facts - Answer Key (DOC)