This Webquest: Thanksgiving lesson plan also includes:
Class members use the Internet to research the history of Thanksgiving in the United States and Canada, as well as the traditions surrounding the Thanksgiving-style celebrations of the Hebrews, the Chinese, and in Ancient Greece and Rome.
21 Views 19 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Use the activity to introduce the holiday to ESL and ELD classes
- Have groups prepare a virtual feast composed of dishes that are part of their family's tradition
- The resource would work best with classes that have little or no knowledge of the history of the Thanksgiving holiday
- The two-page resource includes a brief history of the holiday, links to the articles and to answers to the Webquest quizzes
- Due to the lack of depth in the linked resources, the activity is most appropriate as a general introduction to the holiday