This Westward Expansion: Image and Reality activities & project also includes:
As your young historians study Westward Expansion, practice in-depth primary source analysis with the documents and guidelines presented in this resource. They will examine a lithograph and excerpts from two letters written by a Nebraska pioneer, and work together to determine where the lithograph was published based on evidence they find in the texts.
- The lithograph can be found on the Library of Congress website or in this resource's additional materials
- While the resource was originally designed for teachers, all activities and instructions can be applied to traditional classroom settings
- Includes questions to guide discussion on all primary sources
- Excellent talking points provided for teacher to describe the lithograph
- Provides brief historical background describing Westward Expansion
- If you would like to have students take notes as they complete the activities, you will need to design worksheets by copying and pasting the text provided in the resource