Why Lesson Planet?
Find quality lesson planning resources, fast!
Share & remix collections to collaborate.
Organize your curriculum with collections. Easy!
Have time to be more creative & energetic with your students!
How do you know what traits a character displays in a story? Learners select a character and find list three traits for this character, explaining why they chose each trait. They then put this information together into a paragraph or essay.
91 Views 77 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Ask learners to find specific textual examples of their chosen character traits and cite the pages or paragraphs where they found these examples
- Provide an outline or other scaffold for the character description writing assignment
- You may wish to expand upon the provided rubric
- Includes a worksheet for planning their writing, a checklist for kids to use when checking over their work, and a general rubric for teachers
- This can be used with just about any text or character
- While this includes some supporting materials, the actual writing assignment is a bit vague