OH my, it's time to learn about alcohols! Introduce this important group of organic molecules to the class with a short, informative video. Students work alongside the narrator to correctly write the structures and names of primary, secondary, and tertiary alcohols. The content also includes the uses of many alcohols.
- The video can be used as a day one introduction to the topic or can be assigned as homework the night before
- Partners can work together to draw the structures in the video and provide feedback to one another
- Viewers must have a basic knowledge of hydrocarbon chains to make full use of the resource
- Animated sequences help to illustrate the placement of the OH functional group in primary, secondary, and tertiary alcohols
- Displays a portion of the characteristics of alcohols too rapidly, making them illegible without pausing the video