Setup the idea of functions for the class. Using sets, the presentation introduces the concept of a function. The initial example uses a general function but then moves on to equations as functions. The video provides an example of an algebraic equation that is not a function and introduces the vertical line test.
- Lead a discussion on whether all function graphs must be connected
- Show the class other ways to represent a function such as mappings
- Individuals should know how to evaluate an expression
- Promotes practice to develop a better understanding
- Provides examples of graphs and names of common functions