This What Can You Learn From Ancient Skeletons? video also includes:
Skeletons may not be able to speak, but they can still tell us a lot. High schoolers watch a short video about the ways biological anthropologists can use a skeleton's bone structure to determine age, gender, place of birth, and social status.
23 Views 21 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Use the video as a warm-up to a chemistry class about isotopes, or when discussing bone structure in human biology
- Connect with a lesson on ancient skeletons, such as Lucy, and what scientists have discovered from their bones
- Touches on the topic of biological anthropology; encourages learners to dig deeper in their research to round out their knowledge of the subject
- Comes with a short assessment to check for learner understanding
- Short length makes the video a great springboard for additional conversation and discussion