This What Causes Antibiotic Resistance? video also includes:
There are ten times more bacteria cells than human cells in the average person, and while many of them are helpful, there are some that can be deadly. This video explores the on-going battle between people and these microscopic creatures, as bacteria have become resistant to the antibiotics designed to eliminate them.
- Include this video in a life science lesson series on bacteria or evolution
- Following a viewing of this video, have students research common types of harmful bacteria and the antibiotics developed to counteract them
- Use this resource in your flipped classroom, assigning the video and assessment as homework, discussing the material during the following lesson
- Fun animations are used to engage students in learning about bacteria and antibiotics
- Video clearly explains the causes of antibiotic resistance using language accessbile to middle and high school students
- Teachers are able to create a customized lesson based on the content of the video