What colors are the sun, our galaxy, and the universe? An engaging video provides an overview of each and why what we think we are seeing is often wrong. It provides explanations for how to understand colors that aren't in the visible light spectrum and ends with a haiku written by an astronomer.
- The day before viewing the video, have students draw the universe and bring their drawing to class to compare the colors used
- Use the notes section to find links to articles and videos that go more in depth about the topic
- Public comment sections often include inappropriate language, so preview them before directing students to the site
- The ninth video in a series of 22
- Works well in a flipped or traditional classroom, so you can use the resource however it works best for you
- Diagrams and photos are easy to understand