This What Does Lead Poisoning Do To Your Brain? video also includes:
Despite government regulations and improved housing quality, lead poisoning is still an issue today. But what are the implications of lead exposure to a person's brain and neural activity? Learn more in a video that uses animation to demonstrate how lead can affect an adult's brain — and more prevalently, a child's brain.
- Use the video to develop a discussion on brain anatomy or when addressing current instances of lead exposure and water pollution
- Have class members conduct additional research about the sources of lead found in homes and everyday products
- Does not discuss the disproportionate number of economically disadvantaged children and adults who are affected by lead poisoning; consider addressing this issue in the context of the video
- Animation is both cute and informative
- Provides discussion questions and opportunities for extension