This What Floats Your Boat? lesson plan also includes:
Clay's as good a material as any to build a boat, right? An introductory lesson sets the stage for two activities associated with buoyancy. The first involves building boats out of clay, while the second uses these boats to measure the displacement of water.
- Have the class research facts about famous boats, like the Titanic, in a journal entry
- Learners should have knowledge of density
- Builds on information from previous lessons
- Third of five installments in the Floaters and Sinkers unit.
- Provides detailed information for teachers
- Lists some assessment options