It turns out some wasps have a lot of gall! An engaging video lesson presents parasitism at its finest. Certain species of wasps trick oak trees into creating and maintaining homes for their larva. These homes have the appropriate name of galls.
3 Views 3 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Use as a lesson opener to begin a section on parasitism
- Follow the video with further research on different types of parasitic insects
- If allowing pupils to view independently, monitor YouTube comments for appropriateness
- Beautiful camera work shows the variety of galls and wasps
- Presentation is clear and easy to understand