This What if Cracks in Concrete Could Fix Themselves? video also includes:
Concrete, heal thyself! A fascinating video describes the self-healing properties of concrete, known as autonomous healing. Pupils also learn about ways that engineers try to make concrete more resistant to cracks, such as by adding adhesive-filled fibers or by incorporating spores that help promote autonomous healing.
- Invite a materials engineer to give a presentation on concrete
- Have the class research different ways that engineers create durable materials
- Some basic understanding of chemistry is helpful
- Provides a prompt for class or group discussion
- Graphics help hold viewer interest