Humans kill 3.17 sharks per second. Sharks kill, on average, six humans per year. The video offers many facts based on real science and proven numbers. Not sensationalized or click bait, a refreshing change from a lot of what we see on television, it stresses the importance of all animals in a food web.
- Use a KWL chart about sharks
- Would fit well during Shark Week
- Be aware that YouTube comments are open to the public and some include racist comments that are not appropriate for the classroom
- Includes closed captioning in English, Spanish, and Turkish
- Video is calm and rational in the face of a common fear