This What Is a Butt Tuba and Why Is it in Medieval Art? video also includes:
Before picture books and animated videos, there were hand-copied manuscripts whose margins were filled with fantastic images. A short video examines the tradition of illuminating books and considers what some of the more bizarre images might represent.
- Project images of illuminated manuscripts to provide context for the video
- Ask class members explore the links to illuminated manuscripts before illuminating a page from a favorite story or novel the class is reading
- Preview the video to determine if appropriate for your classroom
- The video ends with an ad for another video about the world's most mysterious book
- Links are provided to a vast array of illuminated manuscripts