This What Is a "Model"? lesson plan also includes:
Model the transfer of energy during a typical 24-hour period. Young scholars use a game-like approach to learning the patterns of heat transfer through the day and night. Groups of four exchange different tokens as the energy transfers from one type to another.
- Incorporate during a unit on climate or climate change
- Include variations to the model to demonstrate different types of pollution
- Requires a specific set of materials
- Includes diagrams to model the sequence of steps in the model
- Easily adaptable to different grade levels