What's so special about species? Junior zoologists delve into the science behind the classification with a Fuse School Evolution video. The narrator shows the accepted classification system and explains what conditions two organisms must meet to be considered the same species.
- Show the video to help students better understand how scientists classify organisms
- Following the horse, donkey, and mule example in the video, ask learners to research other similar organisms that can mate but produce infertile offspring
- Pupils should have some understanding of the six kingdom classification system
- Contains great visual elements to help your class learn the levels of organization from kingdom to species
- Content includes a solid explanation of why new species develop, an important part of understanding evolution