Almost 40 percent of people will have cancer at some point in their lifetime. The Fuse School Genetics video explains what cancer is and how it results in a tumor. It describes the process of cell division and mutation throughout the body and introduces the causes of cancer as well.
- Discuss which cancer causes people can control and which they can't (e.g. smoking versus genetics)
- Debate the role of government in preventing cancer by limiting exposure to carcinogens
- Use compassion during discussion, as most people have been personally impacted by cancer
- Cartoon graphics prevent the video from being scary
- Works well for both traditional and flipped classes