Can just anyone develop cystic fibrosis? Examine the symptoms, treatment, and life expectancy of cystic fibrosis patients through a video from an engaging biology series. Topics include the genetics behind the illness, when in life cystic fibrosis surfaces, and the countries where most cystic fibrosis patients are found.
- Make the resource a focus in a study of inherited genetic traits
- Pause the video and have the class create a Punnett square, then work out the probability of having a child with cystic fibrosis from the genotypes discussed
- Viewers should be well versed in genetics terminology and inherited traits
- The video provides a detailed snapshot of the incurable disease
- Gives special attention to describing the genetic factors that create carriers of cystic fibrosis, as well as those that have the disease