A short video offers a simple, yet engaging, explanation of the theory of evolution using amoebas as an example. The narrator uses the example of the evolution of dog breeds as an example of how humans can influence the course of change.
35 Views 54 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Have class members add the given definition of evolution to their science journals
- In addition to the species discussed in the video, share photos of the evolution of horses for additional discussion points
- Avoid displaying the comment section as it is filled with language and personal attacks not generally acceptable in a classroom
- Offers subtitles in 14 languages for ELLs
- Lists multiple definitions of evolution for comparison in the notes section