This What is the Environmental Impact of Feeding the World? video also includes:
One in every seven people suffer from a lack of basic food. Our Hungry Planet introduces this complex issue in the second lesson of an interesting 13-part unit. It discusses the space needed to grow and raise food, the transportation of food, the lack of fresh water, and many other related issues.
- Research and graph the amount of land required per person for food production in a variety of countries
- Debate if researchers should give priority to some foods due to their nutritional value, cost, or impact on the environment
- Lesson stands alone or fits into the larger unit
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Video presents teens inspiring other teens to improve the environment
- Provides subtitles in five languages for equal access