Would you believe whales and hippos share a common ancestor? The video discusses the evidence from a variety of scientific disciplines supporting evolution, focusing specifically on whales and their connections to hippos. The narrator then expands the concepts to other animals on the tree of life.
- Ask class members to identify the branch of science each piece of evidence comes from
- Research the number of people in your local area, state, country, and the world who believe in evolution and discuss the different numbers
- Relies on some prior knowledge of the scientific method
- Be sensitive to the fact that some class members may have conflicting views of the topic
- Provides links for those wishing to learn more
- Offers closed captioning in 18 languages
- Includes photos of actual fossils in addition to the drawings